2000 Focus - Check engine light on

Hi,
The check engine light come one today, shortly after I started the car. It was still idling. It has 110K KM. Other than the light being on, the
car run just fine so I drove it home from work. Recently it was a bit choking at idle, especially after leaving the highway and stopping on a light. I am aware of PCV valve issue, could it be it? If so, any idea about the repair cost?
Thanks!

I've not heard of any special PCV valve issue (mind you on 6-year old cars these are routine maintenance items), but the only way to proceed is to take it to a dealer or well equipped shop that can read the code in the computer. The light indicates there is one. Only then will you have an idea which of the many items it could be.