2000 focus horn stopped working

I recieved a Focus from my father this week. The horn just stopped working. He said that it happened to him before and he had it fixed, but he doesn't recall what the problem had been. Is this something that could be fixed easily by oneself? Or should I take it in.

thank you for your time

-dimestore

Reply to
dimestore

You check your fuses?

Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned that. The fuse is fine.

Reply to
dimestore

Now this is me, i'm comfortable working under the hood.

I would rule out a bad connection or horn by hooking up 12volt directly to the horn. If it doesn't sound, horn bad, duh. Horn sounds, wires bad. duh.

If horn is bad, test the wires still, with a test light and someone pushing the horn button.

Then I would work from there. Tell us your results if you think you can safely test this.

later,

tom @

The Real Tom

My horn stopped working on my 2001 during the warranty period. They replaced the horn.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I had 2 sets of horns replaced under warranty, I guess they're not really reliable in wet conditions... Eventually got an aftermarket horn! :)

Peter

Reply to
Peter_SG