2002 Ford Focus Brake Light Fuse keeps blowing

Hi.
I have a 2002 ford focus SE (61K). A few weeks ago I could not get my car into drive- the gear shift was stuck in park since the brake lights would not go on. Brought it into the dealer and they repaired
the brake light switch. Worked fine for about 10 days and then the fuse to the brake lights blew. I replaced the fuse and then 2 days later it blew again. Any thoughts or suggestions? The dealership said they would have to go through and check all of the connections to figure out the problem since they seem to have no clue from looking at it- they replaced the fuse the first time it blew.

If this is the hatchback, then the most likely cause is chaffed wires to the 3rd brake light in the hatch hinge area.
Tim. .

Its a sedan. But thanks for the advice. I have a feeling it might possibly have to do with the high mount brake lights since 2 have gone out...but I really can't come up with anything else.
replying to aliepeppers, Jeff @ NY Auto wrote:

Have a 2002 sedan, same problem blowing brake light fuse. Found the wires near the left trunck hinge all broken and shorting out in the harness. Repaired all ok
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:18:01 PM UTC-4, Jeff @ NY Auto wrote:

Jeff, can you tell how much it cost to fix your wires/harness so I have some ammo when I visit my mechanic?