blue chip key

Hi i have a dec 02 1,8 td estate i only got 1 key with the car,my local dealer wants 100 to supply a new key and to programe it .By the book you need two keys to program a new key ,is this correct, i was thinking
of getting a spare off ebay and doing it my self .the dealer said he would do another key for 21.tia frank.
Me wrote:

Yes, you need two keys already recognised by the car in order to program it to recognise a third key.

A full set of 2 if not 3 keys should be included in the sale of the car from a dealer FOC. Bit late now probably.
You need 2 keys in order to program a 3rd etc. yourself.
If you only have 1, the car needs hooking upto the diagnostic machine to do the job.
Tim..
Tim.. wrote:

happens to all these keys ? left in a drawer some place )