Chip Key Won't Program

In my effort to put together a second set of keys for a 2000 xc the dealer doesn't seem to be able to get it to work. My visit today ended with, "make an appointment and we will have to do some diognostic work". Has anyone experienced difficulty with having a key programed? I'm wondering as to a cause, like maybe someone has changed a part thus changing the key code.....

Reply to
newowner

Did the dealer Supply & cut the key for you ? if so ask them if the correct key blank was used as there are different blanks for the different models S80 is different from your car. The correct key for your car Part # 9187694 cut @ the dealer if you want a key cut from Volvo Part # 9187684 also your key should have a blue dot where the key blade goes in to the rubber Glenn Klein Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Reply to
newowner via CarKB.com

If the dot is red then it is the incorrect key Tell the parts person to check information bulletin # group 01 #002 Dated 09/27/2007 the key that was ordered for you is for a S60 all S80 All XC90 All V70 XC70 2001 & up so here is the problem the wrong key was ordered for you have them order the correct key this time

Glenn Klein Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

I really appreciate your assistance with this, but the parts person seems to want to insist he ordered the correct key and I'll have to "put the car in the shop" in order to correct the problem. The manager also refused to refund me for the key if so I might go to another dealer and have them order the correct key. Is there any way to cross reference the part number on the invoice to the key part number you provided? The way they have choosen to handle this is creating a "trust" issue with this dealer. They are close, but not the only one. newowner

Reply to
newowner via CarKB.com

What Happened with the key did everything work out for you ?? Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein