Careful what you wish for ('05 Focus)

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:27:26 +0200, "Stephen F."

Out of curiosity, just how big do they make garages in Switzerland? Obviously we in NA are just used to large vehicles (the Focus is considered to a small or compact car). Even the smallest of garages in Canada can accommodate a NA Focus and most any other car. Min. garage door size is 6'x7' high (1.8m X 2.1m) ie a double wide man door although that is extremely rare and the more typical is an 8' or 9' wide x 7' high door and single garages are 10'-16' wide.
A lot of people have 9'x8' high doors for their SUVS and 3/4 ton pickups, and 2 and 3 car garages are not uncommon.
<snip>

In Europe, people sometimes *live* in that amount of space! :-)
Chris
--
Posted using XanaNews version 1.17.4.1
Remove prejudice to reply
Chris Whelan wrote:

Sheer Luxury! When I were a lad...
--
Chris Game

"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it."

Nice one Chris - LOL. I wonder how many non English got that one!
--
Donald Gray

Geoff.>

Next you will be telling us that you cut down trees wear high heels, suspenders and a bra <G>
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
--
Alan
==And I walked uphill both ways when going to and coming from school. Geoff.
GeoffP wrote:

You kids had it soft. We had to climb mountains to do school. Barefoot, in the snow.
And we liked it.

Was that before or after your 4 hours of chores you had to do every morning? And the 4 hours of chores you did before hitting the floor of the barn for some zzzzzz.

I'd have to measure it to be sure, but the clearance on either side of the mirrors is a few inches when backing past the concrete pillars (it's an underground garage). Once past the pillars, there is a little more wiggle room to get out of the car. Our friends have to fold the mirrors on their Volvo V70 to park reliably.
I know what you mean about NA garages. My parents live in a modest 1960s split-level near Toronto, and the garage accomodated (barely) a 1974 Plymouth Gran Fury coupe. My father's Passat looks somewhat lost in it now, and my old '78 Fiesta looked like it would have fit sideways.

small....