'05 Focus ZXW

baught it new in Oct '05 (fun car) are there any bumps in the road i should be aware of or recent recalls?

P.D.

Reply to
.

Shouldn't you have asked this _before_ you bought the car?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I've got a 2001 SE Wagon. I'll cross 112,000 miles today.

There have been some recalls and extended warranty on the 01, fuel pump, coil springs, and read door latches come to mind. People have trouble with the lock cylinder failing. But mostly, they're great cars.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I've also got the 05 ZXW bought also in Oct 05, only problem so far is the rear brakes started squeaking, I took it back to the dealer to take care of that. It's only got 3900 miles on it as of today.

Reply to
Bill

No recalls. They ended with the 01 model year. 02, 03 and 04 have been excellent for quality and ownership satisfaction. Enjoy.

Reply to
Dave Gower

The only recall on my '05 ZXW involves the rear door latches- mine seemed to be fine, and the repair was done during an oil change at the dealer in under an hour.

I've put 17000 miles on my car in ten months, and haven't had a single hiccup mechanically. I also don't know of anything else for sale in the US that can match a Focus wagon for cargo capacity, handling, and economy.

End o' commercial... : )

Reply to
Jeff