'01 LX Fuel System Problem? Fix???

I have an '01 Forcus LX, 5 speed, green (if that matters lol) that is only a year old for me and I am having this problem with the fuel system. For some reason, this problem only arises when I am at just below half-tank and gets worse as the tank is drained, and only when I take right turns (around corners, on-ramps, etc.). Coming out of the turn, there will be a sudden power loss, as if the engine has turned off, but I am able to maintain power systems such as steering and braking. Sometimes I can revv the car long enough in a gear so that when I am driving i get violent shaking every one second or so, as if the car was being deprived of fuel then suddenly fed a mass of it at once. Has anyone else had this problem or has encountered it??

Reply to
TheOneTheyCallNeo

I have had this problem on a '00 blk 4-dr 5 spd. The problem wouldn't recreate itself for the service center. I was asked to change the type of gas I get. (You know... name brand vice cheap and inexpensive). So far that seems to work for me. It doesn't make sense, but works. I'd be curious to see who else responds to this.

v/r Elizabeth

Reply to
joes1girl

If you searched for this problem you would see that it sounds like a classic symptom of a failing/bad fuel pump. It is a common problem on early Focus cars. Given this, I believe that Ford extended the warranty for this item. I also have an '01 and got a mailing regarding this. I have yet to have this problem - 58,000 miles. I will list the details fo the extended fuel pump warranty if someone else doesn't do so first. Then you can talk to your dealers service department and see waht they say.

Gary

Reply to
GM

Hey, if anyone out there is having a loss of power for no apparent reason in their 01 focus LX (mine is a 5 speed standard) it may be the "Fuel Delivery Module" (fuel pump). There has been a RECALL, repeat RECALL, on the Fuel Delivery Module for some time. So, if you have an 01 Focus LX (probably only affecting the 5 speeds) then TAKE IT IN to your NEAREST FORD DEALER and have them run the VIN to find if this RECALL affects you. I have yet to see if it took care of my problem.

Reply to
TheOneTheyCallNeo