Change near side rear indicator on 55 plate focus

Hi all,
I'm trying to change the near side rear indicator bulb on my 55 plate focus LX, according to the manual i remove the two screws and then pull the assembly away. I have removed the screws but pulling the
assembly seems to have little affect, it starts to move then sticks and i don't want to force it.
Am i missing something? Or do i just need to se more force?
thanks in advance