door problems....

My car (2001 Wagon, Canadian) intermittently thinks that the drivers doors is open, audible warning signal comes on, and dome light,if activated for door. I cannot seem to find the switch - I suspect
there is a short in this switch causing the car to think the door is coming open - when is the trip switch located?
Also the rear left door latch does not always engage, I have lubricated, and works manually when the door si open, but seems as thogh the spring loaded bumper behind the door post on thye lower C pillar is not providing enough resistance to engage the latch - anyone else have this problem?
Any advice is welcome.
there was a recall on the door latches

OK. Got the latches fixed on the recall.
The Door Shime switch on the drivers door is still faulty. Looks as tyhough I will need to remove the door latch post in order to replace the chime switch. any suggestions / tips on how I sahould approach this?