Elec Problem with Door Lock

Newsgroup
My previous post had a subject title that didn't get any response so I thought I would try re-phrasing the subject.
My son has an electrical "phenomenom" with his electric door locks. The
first try to lock the doors from console or remote causes the driver's side (left) rear door to lock and then to immediately unlock. The second attempt seems to lock all of the doors. Does anyone know the technology used on this door control system? From a practical point of view the only thing I could think to replace is the door lock itself but could it be the controller? I don't know anything about the Focus electrical system.
Thanks, Rich
Well, with the remoted, the first time unlocks the drivers side and the second unlocks all of them. I think that's pretty standard with the Focus. But having to press the button on the inside twice is a bit odd. The manual has lots of info on that, I had to consult mine yesterday. Wish I could be of more help.
Mojo

There are two modes on a UK model.
The mode you describe and the mode where the unlock button unlocks all doors on the first press
To toggle between the two modes, on the remote hold down the open and lock buttons together for a few seconds. The indicator will flash to show that the mode has changed. (Do the same to change back)
I wonder if the OP has a problem with the child lock sticking on the back door? Try disabling or enabling it to see if anything changes. Put the ignition key in the hole beneath the lock mechanism to set/remove the child lock
--
Alan
Thanks all. This is caused by mechanical sticking of the door lock. I'm sure once replaced it will be okay. Rich