Focus Help

Alrighty, I thought I'd never have trouble with my Focus until now. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 (USA) and I can't get the bloody thing to start. I showed up and unlocked it and went to start it and it wouldn't start. I noticed the red light for the alarm would stay on and when I tried to start it, it would turn off (when I tried to start it, all the lights would turn off and refuse to turn on). I thought maybe I had a dead battery, and so I tried to jump it. It made the clicking sound. No start though. What I noticed is, even with the key in the on position and if I keep my foot on the brake, I can't shift it into drive from park. I'm thinking somehow the alarm got tripped. Is there anything I can do to get my Focus on the road again? The alarm light still stays on at solid red, so any ideas? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I tried reading the manual, but found nothing remotely useful.

Thanks, Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo

Try the fuel cut off switch. Located in the passenger foot well. Remove the cover, push the button, wait a few seconds, start car.

Reply to
Andy S

Tried that, no response :-( Still wouldn't explain why non of the electrical stuff doesn't work right :-/

Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo

Updated, it was a loose battery cable :-) So now my Focus is up and running again. Thanks for the help.

Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo