Focus clunk in front end

Hi I have a 2003 ZX3 Focus 5 speed. when I shift from first to second at high rpm I get a loud cliunk from the front. What would cause this? Thanks.

Shifting on take off from first to second at high RPM and hearing a lound *kerplunk* could be the result of trying to run your ZX3 like a NASCAR. These 5 speeds are very delicate, and, assuming you still have the factory drivetrain and tranny, they cannot take the torque transfer from first into second that well. I would say: don't shift fast and pop the clutch up after getting into second. Or, put a racind tranny/flywheel assembly in there.