Focus zx3 mpg?

Hey.....I'm looking at a used 2002 Focus zx3 automatic and was wondering about the MPG I could expect to get. I plan on doing at lot of commuting these next few years and need a car that gets great gas mileage. Any other things or problems I should know about? Thanks for any advice, Rob.

Reply to
Rob

I'm averaging about 30MPG on mine, but it's got a manual gearbox. I'd guess that an auto drinks about 10% more, so would estimate you'd get about 27MPG.

MK

Reply to
MK

US EPA fuel economy can be found on

.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

have an 03 man,about 27 for me

Reply to
bh--

Most don't get this high, but my '01 ZX3 (5 spd) gets 35-40 mpg. 37-38 most of the time. 35 in winter. 33 when it was new. Maybe 70% highway. I accelerate gently and drive at 60-65 on the highway.

Gary

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Reply to
GM