Focus Tddi non starting immob ? or Key?

2001 Tddi will not turn engine over, immob light flashes as if not recognizing key, have tried other key just the same, removed key coil from a 53 plate and tried 01 coil on 53 starts fine, but 53 coil not made any
difference to 01 car. Can somebody advise is this a key problem and if it is how do you fix it? Dash display where mileage etc are is showing a line of dashes , in sheer desperation I may resort to removing dash and 'Fixing' PATS box. Larr.
Pats is built into the ecu these days. I would say tow it to a dealer and I work for ford.

If the dash isnt receiving data from the ECU you will get a line of -------'s which would point to either an ECU fault, or a power supply fault to it.
Have the car returned to the dealer would be my suggestion also.
tim..