Ford Focus Blaupunkt CD MP3

My friend has a Ford Focus Blaupunkt CD MP3 player. I gave her cd I burned w/a homemade label on it. It played once then stopped working. The radio
continues to play just fine. It is only the CD player that has stopped. **None** of the label has peeled which could cause jamming.
This is extremly importatnt to me if you can help----My friend has a Ford Focus Blaupunkt CD MP3 player. I gave her cd I burned w/a homemade label on it. It played once then stopped working. The radio continues to play just fine. It is only the CD player that has stopped. **None** of the label has peeled which could cause jamming. Does anyone have a clue as to what may be going on? Anything!! Please!! I would be most greatfull!!!!!!!
I've noticed that mt Focus/Blaupunkt has troubles with home-burned mp3 discs which contain multiple directories. When I put all of the tunes in one, it was fine.
NewsPhotog wrote:

Dave,
1st off--I truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to reply. The problem here is that the deck will not play **any** cd now. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I am hoping it is merely a setting which may have been tripped when it either sensed a label, or something else on the cd. Thanks, Charlie.
    I have the same unit and have been playing cds that I have burned for a couple of years and not had that problem. It does occasionally start to 'skip' almost like a needle sliding across a record, but restarting the tune cures that and it happens very seldom. It also 'forgets' where it was occasionally when the car is stopped. Normally it picks up where it was as soon as the car is started. Sometimes it starts back at the beginning instead. No trouble with directories. They seem to agree with it just fine. I can not imagine how a burned cd could kill the player. Did it start to play the cd when it was inserted or did it just lock up? Does the mechanism accept a new cd? I would be tempted to remove the player and unplug it for a time. It does have voltage even when the car is stopped since you can play it without using the key. If the drive has gotten confused, it will stay confused unless the power is removed. It might just reset itself when power is again applied. Good luck.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:32:34 -0500, "NewsPhotog"

Way--NoWay--thanks. I shall try it out. I will post whether it works or not. Again--thanks--just for taking the time to post--If it works let me know East,West, North or South when I raise my glass & humbly take a bow of deference to you, Charlie.