Blaupunkt CD-Changer

My wife just bought a Golf with a Blaupunkt San Diego Dj player installed. It's a tape-recorder, with a 10-cd changer installed in the back.

This has worked perfekty for the other owner (my father), and worked when I tried it the first few days. But now the display shows "No CD", and when I push Eject on the changer I can hear the motor try to eject it but it want come out. Any tips are appreciated.

Reply to
Dr Phil

Ops.. sorry Wrong forum :)

Reply to
Dr Phil

has it had any cdr's with stick on labels in it?

Reply to
George Spigot

No, now cdr with labels. Just two original cd's.

Reply to
Dr Phil

Try unplugging it from the head unit for a minute and reconnecting it. If it's just having a tantrum, that should fix it. Otherwise see if you can dismantle it. If you can, have a look at the mechanism and find the motors. Work out which ones need twiddling to reverse the disc load & cartridge load mechanism - ie make it give you the cartridge back manually. Then just put it back together and all should be well. This has worked for me before on other makes - they sometimes just get their knickers in a twist.

Reply to
Scott M

Whenever I've seen mechanism faults like this on cassette players (and once on a video recorder), a slipping drive belt is often the culprit, which should then be replaced as it will have partially lost its elasticity. What normally happens is that a mechanism is engaged by a solenoid, and once that has happened the turning of a wheel will cause the mechanism to do whatever the controlling electronics intended it to. If a wheel slips slightly, and this can't always be seen, the wheel may not rotate enough times for the mechanism to complete what it was doing. Hence, turning this wheel manually will allow the mechanism to do what was required.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Kelleher