How do I shut off the Parimeter Alarm?

When I bought my 2004 ZX5 when ever I opened the trunk or doors without first using the remote entry system the horn would beep and the lights flash. Now that doesn't happen and the dealer (2nd one I've been to for
this) is trying to convince me everything is OK. Is there a way to tell if I have the factory installed parimeter alarm (desccribed on page 70 of the owner's manul) How do I turn it on and off?
thanks Jack