Problems Starting Warm Engine

A new quirk has developed over the past few weeks:
If I try to start the car when the engine is still warm from a previous journey it just turns over - no signs of it firing. If I then immediately
try again it will start absolutely fine.
1999, 2.0Ghia, 52,000 miles all services done at main dealer - any ideas would be welcomed.
Thanks, David
I have the same problem. Ford assistance is changing the pump in my Focus.
Have you solved the problem in any other way?
Thanks, Pasquale