1990 integra starting problems when warm

Hi,

I have a 1990 Integra LS which tends to stall immediately after starting when the engine is warm and/or when weather is hot. It seems that something either cuts of the fuel or air to the engine. I have replaced the battery and spark plugs. I checked the EFI Main Relay and it seems ok.

Any ideas?

Reply to
motor

"motor" wrote in news:ceqqf.167428$Gd6.80760@pd7tw3no:

Nothing is cutting off the AIR to your engine. Fuel or spark,yes. Fuel is usually the main relay,spark could be a number of things. Bad distributor cap/rotor,or igniter.

"seems OK". The common MR failure is not something you can readily discern by eyeball.

Try resoldering it,or replacing it.

(as long as you had it out,you shoulda resoldered it!)

Tegger.com is a great site for info and repair instructions.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"motor" wrote in news:ceqqf.167428$Gd6.80760@pd7tw3no:

How'd you "check" the Main Relay? The symptom you describe is *the* classic Main Relay failure mode.

TeGGeR®

Thanks very much for your comments. I will look further into the Main Relay.

Reply to
motor

Thanks very much for your comments.

To check the Main Relay, I used a procedure as described in my Haynes Integra-Legend manual. In short it means, disconnecting the relay then connecting it directly to the battery, shorting a pair of terminals, and checking to see if it switches on another pair.

However, I will have another look at it. Thanks again.

Reply to
motor

That explains a lot - that isn't a very comprehensive test and intermittent connections (the usual failure mode) can easily slip by.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Try Main Relay, My Mitubishi truck needed this relay replaced and it is a

1990 model.
Reply to
peterkoo1