Re: OT Wonder why we own Toyota? look at alt.autos.ford.focus

Page 3 of 3
rotff. lol hahahaha man oh man!!

voted
In

Ford would not warranty the transmission and he DOES like the way the car drives on mountain roads. Spend your money on what's important to you. To my awareness, nobody has complained that Focus is a bore to drive.
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

Oh man, now you've done it. I suppose I should have mentioned that before the Focus, before the Corolla GTi, before the Corolla GTS, and before the VW Scirocco, I was a Fiesta owner! Now I'm going to have to write 8 paragraphs of prose to sing the praises of my long-gone, but never forgotten Fiesta. Man, that was a car. I blew it up in an autocross on a missed shift, so rebuilt that simple Kent motor with forged pistons and a hot cam. It was a giant killer. So much space, great handling, a nice shape. You line up a 1976 Corolla next to a 1976 Fiesta and tell me which is the more modern car. 1st generation Fiestas are still mixing it up in SCCA IT class racing. The 1st generation FWD Corollas (with those nice puke-brown plastic dashboards and crushed velour seats) are picking up the groceries, if they haven't returned to the earth as ferric oxide.
Stephen
<snip>The first thing I will say

Gotta agree ... but boring is fine by me. My "Hunk O. Junk" Chevy Suburban has been just a tad too "exciting" for me in the maintenance department and with 8 motorcycles, 3 cars and a lawnmower for which I'm sole head wrench, I'm in maintenance overload.
<snip> this

Good on ya. I get my thrills on a motorcycle. 50 hp in a 220 lb. machine is a rippin' good time!
VLJ

sez:

Suburban
and
Man, you have a seriously high "cylinder count", a term Peter Egan (Road & Track) coined. I'm trying to sell my MX-5 so I can get back to only one internal combustion device...

I'd love one, but a man can only have so many toys.
Stephen
In sez:

There's that "cylinder count" thing again. I vaguely recall this going around once before. The wife has only 6 cylinders and 12 valves that are hers. I've got 12 cylinders and 48 valves spread across three vehicles. Hmmm.