Replacing vehicle speed sensor

My '99 1.8 LX has the intermittent VSS fault. I'm looking for help on how to replace it please.
The Haynes manual describes removing a pin. I have managed to locate the
sensor, it appears that there is a plastic clip that hooks over a roll pin. Is this the pin that needs to be removed? If so it must be really difficult to get out due to the very restricted space around it. TBH it doesn't look much like the pictures in the manual - are there different types?
Any advice would be welcome,
TIA
Chris.
--