Right turn noise - from left front wheel - I think

Hi - I think this may be a wheel bearing - although when I jacked it up, I couldn't wobble the wheel. or is it a CV joint? It goes woow woow woow woow (Sorry - its the best I can do! ;-) when I turn
right. Its a Focus Zetec 1.8 got 50k miles and made in 1999 Any ideas? Thanks Keith