Why are 1.6 3door's so hard to find !

All i keep seeing is 5door 1.6 zetec's, i really want a 3door even ford main dealers didnt have any 3door 1.6's.

Im down in se uk btw, perhaps someone might know of a place to visit :)

Reply to
nguk..

Not a popular choice as a family run about, but very popular with the back to front baseball cap brigade for modding and styling.

And at that age they can only afford insurance for the 1.4 o 1.6's so try looking for the 1.8 or 2.0l variants. Most ST170's seem to be 3 door.

Reply to
Kooga

Im 24 so i think im going for the front baseball cap type car even though i dont like stupid caps!

perhaps i will have to try really hard, oh well thanks for the reply

Reply to
nguk..

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but I offer it as a suggestion. I have a Ford Focus 3-door 1.6 Zetec automatic on a 3-year lease from Motability, the company that provides vehicles to disabled people like myself. I still have just over a year to go on my lease, at the end of which I will have to return the car to Motability. During that three years it will have been regularly serviced and maintained as part of the agreement, and will have done only about 20,000 miles. Motability will auction the car - it might be worth your while trying to find out where they auction them (I've no idea!) because there are bound to be others like mine coming up most of the time. Hope that helps.

Reply to
MCC

Thankyou MCC ill take note of this info

Reply to
nguk..

Had similar problems, last year, while looking for a 2.0l Ghia wagon with sun roof. Luckily I could find one offered online from a Mercedes Dealer.

Did you look at those online offers, assuming there should be at least as many as here.

Good luck

Reply to
Michael Heiming