1983 Ford Ranger 2.3l 4cyl, 5 speed manual, carb.

I have been getting BAD fuel economy with this truck.

11-13 mpg city whether its warm or cold out. Highway is better at about 20-22mpg. I can find no fuel leaks from tank or lines leading to carb. Have cleaned carb a couple times with "kleen-flo" spray as well as fuel line cleaner liquid placed in the tank. When I use the choke in cold temps it seems to shut down as engine warms. Truck runs well with no power loss or hesitation (unless it's damp, but that dissapears when I shut off the engine and re-start after it's warm) Any suggestions. Thank you for your time.
Reply to
paulxinfinity

sounds like the carb is dumping in to much fuel. a replacement or rebuild should fix it. i often look in the carb as its running to see if its dumping to much big droplets. a choke not opening would cause this too.

ds549