2002 Ranger-How do i tell if 2 or 4 wheel ABS?

Hi all I went to the parts store to get some new rotors for my 02 Ranger and the guy asked me if it's 2 or 4 wheel ABS and needless to say my jaw dropped and I went uhhhh. Is there an easy way to tell if it's 4 wheel or 2 wheel without tearing the wheels off? Can you tell by the VIN? It's a rear wheel drive,automatic tranny V6 3L with the extended cab,but no back doors,just the small jump seats in the rear compartment.Thanks!

Reply to
Rob
02 Ranger, I'm sure its 4-wheel ABS, I don;t know of any trucks that are rear-wheel ABS that aren't more than 15 years old...
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 06:54:01 -0400, Matt Macchiarolo rearranged some electrons to form:

How about a 1998 F150 4x4? RABS only.

Reply to
David M

Didn't know that! I thought they stopped offering RABS in the early 90's.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Well thankfully i couldnt buy the parts because 82 degrees on tuesday is now

3 inches of snow where i live so it's off for another week on the brakes.

So is there a way to tell whether 2 or 4 wheel without having the wheels off and measuring the rotors?

Reply to
Rob

If it's a 4 wheel abs, there should be a knarly looking plumbers nightmare that the lines from he master cylinder run into under the hood. If the two lines simply head downward toward the frame, it's just rabs or no antilock.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I think that's a good suggestion. Also, if it does have 4wabs, it's sure to have speed sensors on both front wheels. With RABS, you don't. They might be hard to spot, though.

Reply to
Joe