3 Valve 5.4L

So I see Ford is using the 24 valve 5.4 in F-150s now. 9.8 comp. ratio... nice numbers... looks nice. So why aren't they using them in the F-250 or F-350? Does anyone have the skinny on this?

Adrian Holt

Reply to
Adrian Holt

Works great and kicks ass over the V10!!

Reply to
BOSS

I've wondered the same thing, and the only thing I can think of is if you check the numbers, if I remember correctly, the horsepower jumps from 260 to

300 or so, but the torque doesn't jump that much - and the torque may be more important in the Superdutys. Just a thought.

Don

Reply to
Don

so can we expect a 30 valve v10???

Reply to
Trey

I work at the Ford plant that produces these heads. To answer these questions in reverse order:

1) The heads will be on all the Triton engines in the furture. We are still ramping up/installing. 2) Yes, the 6.8L V-10's will have 30 valves. It looks like this will be available late spr>so can we expect a 30 valve v10???
Reply to
Rob McLean

Cool, so can you sneak one of those bad boys out the back door? :)

Reply to
BOSS

Peak torque doesn't jump that much, but overall torque (over all RPM) increases.

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared

Most likely the extra cost of the engine and not having enough tooling to supply the demand.

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared

yeah, he has seven of them on Ebay ;-)

Reply to
Trey

Give me a hammer! I can help tool! No, actually I cant, but I would love to learn.

Reply to
Trey

Regular, although in theory you get a little better fuel economy and few more HP if you run premium. The engine includes a knock sensor and the software will adjust the parameter to increase power slightly if you use premium. The gas mileage improvement will be almost undetectable, and I doubt you could detect the extra power either (hard to detect 3% to 4%).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White