95 ford explorer washer pump relay location

My windshield washer stopped working, but I checked the pump and it works (hooked it directly to the battery).

Next thing to check is the relay, but I can't locate. If anyone's found it, could you describe exactly where it is and what it looks like?

the owner's manual just shows an arrow pointing to the passenger side of the engine comparment, but there's no pics.

thanks for the help in advance

Reply to
robstalker

The combination stalk switch on the steering column is what goes bad most often.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
JimV

OK. That was going to be the next thing I'd check. If the switch is the problem, is it better to get a used one from a junk yard or go with a new one from the dealer?

I really appreciate the advice... thank you!

JimV wrote:

Reply to
robstalker

Don't go with a used one.

Also, the relay is behind the passenger-side dash. Push the button on the stalk in---hard, you may hear the relay click and sometimes this will make it work temporarily. ...but, it is so common, you'll end up with a bad one from a junk yard.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader