A Real Head Scratcher

Hi Everyone,

I've got a '95 F-250, 4x4 w/ 7.3L PSD, Auto trans, and I'm experiencing a really strange thing, and I was wondering if anyone else with a similar vehicle has ever had this happen.

You'll be driving along, and without any warning, there's a momentary interruption of ignition, the truck stumbles for a split second, then returns to normal, like nothing happened and keeps on running. It's enough of an interruption to disengage the cruise control, if you have it set, and it lights up the "Wait To Start" light on the panel, just for less than one second. If you happen to be stopped when it happens, the truck will shut off, but starts right back up and goes fine.

99% of the time it runs beautifully, and there's no rhyme or reason to when it will happen, it just happens.

I've owned this truck since the end of February, and this little glitch has occurred like 5 times, it's getting to be annoying. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or have any ideas where to start trouble shooting? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. - I have a new CPS, but haven't had a chance to install it yet, could that be the culprit?

Reply to
websurfer

Although I haven't had it happen to me, (yet), I believe you describe the CPS symptoms. You might find more at the dieselstop.com Good luck.

Spdloader

websurfer wrote:

Reply to
Spdloader

Sure sounds like it. I'd put that in soonest and see if it helps.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Most diesels don't have an ignition system, something about just timing the injection of the kerosene properly. the truck stumbles for a split second, then

Reply to
JDApollo

Yes. It's a common complaint/problem. Lotsa folks even carry a spare sensor......

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt