1999 f-250

Just purchased f-250 7.3l diesel with banks system. My question is after driving truck, when I turn off fluid from transmission drips out. Do I have a serious transmission problem or is it over filled? When truck is idling I don't see any fluid coming out only after it is turned off.

Thanks for any input on this matter.

Reply to
Chico

That is not a good sign on a recently purchased used vehicle. Leakage is not "normal" even though it is not unusual. Even if it is over filled, it should not leak unless it is a gallon or two over. You need to ID the source of the leak as well as you can visually. That will go a long way in determining how serious the problem may be. It may be a simple external seal or gasket, or it may be something that requires the trans to be removed. The most common leak on those was the front seal. Fluid from there will drip from the flywheel housing. The only other points of leakage there is the torque converter drain plug and the pump seal ring. The drain plug is the only thing you may fix without dropping the trans. Everything else is external.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut