Pulling codes on EEC-IV

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

1989 F250

I am trying to pull codes on this truck with EEC-IV. Per instructions, I am jumping SIG RTN with STI (Self Test Input). Then turning the key to ON (Engine off). Check Engine Light should flash out the trouble codes but nothing happens at all.

What am I missing? Should I also use a voltmeter and jump STO to the battery? I think Check Engine Light should be sufficient.

Reply to
An Metet

turn the IGN on first

Reply to