Useful Information

I had posted a problem I was having with my headlight switch and didn't get many replies. I switched over to

and after many conversations with a few folks we were able to find a fix to mine and one other guys same problem. My problem and his was we both had a 1988 F-series truck with a headlight switch that would act weird. The switch in the second position would not turn the running lights on. But the running lights would come on when the switch was in between the headlight and running light position but would go out when it was placed in the third and last position. In that position the running lights and headlights should both be on.

The problem; the tan and white wire coming from the #4 fuse box location to the headlight switch, (B2 hot) was frayed and not making connection. Once replaced the headlight switch works perfectly. I had changed the headlight switch and a relay which cost $40.00 unnecessary dollars.

Hope this helps others

Rich

Reply to
Rich