02 alero hub assembly

Hey all, over the past year I've seen my girlfriend's 2002 2.2l alero go through two front wheel hub assemblies, neither of which I think were completely bad. I know that the parts cannot be replaced
individually, however i'm convinced that the sensor is the only bad part. I've heard rumors of the wires to the sensor getting torn, is there anyway i can just replace the wires without having to shell out big money to replace the THIRD hub assembly in a year? This is absolutely ridiculous, at least GM can be assured of a steady supply of income from the wheel hub assemblies in all their alero's, cutlass's, grand am's and malibu's for the next several years if nothing else, from what I hear this is quite a common problem with this platform.

It's a very common problem. Many people just ignore the ABS issue associated with the wires breaking. Often you and solder the broken wires, insulate them well, and be on your way. Sometimes the wires break inside the seal and you're out of luck, but if they break where you can gain a purchase, you can easily solder them together.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

-
Put a little dab of dielectric grease between the soldered splice and the heat shrink to keep moisture out.
nate
The Adams Family wrote:

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.