Hub Assembly

Paddock have got hub assembly for my LR at £69 (rear drum). would I be correct in thinking that this includes the bearings already set and also the brake parts?

if so this is very attractive to me ;o)

as it will be an easy ay of replacing the wheel bearings on both sides and also the brake shoes and other parts of unknown status.

could I just bolt a new hub assembly on and away I go?

no end float fiddling, no grazed knuckles getting the brake shoes out?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Mr.Nice. posted ...

Phone and ask them .. They have some very knowledgable staff, and others who at least know when to say they don't know but will find someone who does .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Twas Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:00:19 +0100 when "Paul - xxx" put finger to keyboard producing:

I sent an email

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

And they answered?

Dag

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:44:12 +0100, Mr.Nice.

Reply to
Dag

Twas Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:09:48 +0200 when Dag put finger to keyboard producing:

"There is no hub only housing & wheels bearings."

a hub assembly with no hub, I am confused.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

-

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:35:11 +1000 when JD put finger to keyboard producing:

I'm probably going to just do the bearings myself, I read somewhere today that I should set the end float by tightening up the hub nut until the assembly starts to get harder to spin then back off a quarter turn, sounds so simple.