1988 Caprice cop car What do I do with it

Hey all a few days ago I posted that I was buying a 1984 caprice cop car that needed a tranny. Well I finally got the car and its actually a 1988 according to the tite. It needs a tranny a brake line and a bucket load of paint, it just has surface rust so it wont need a lot of bondo. My question is, Is this thing worth the time and money to restore or would I be better off just selling it as it is. The reason I bought it was to do my mom a favor and get it out of her driveway where it has been sitting for the last

4 years (dad never get rid of anything, hell it took him 4 years to get rid of this car) So now heres the question, is this car worh the time and money to make it run right. Thanks
Reply to
seeray

No.

Reply to
patrick

I would not think an old Caprice is worth @#$%. There is a guy near me who must have 100-200+ old police cruisers for sale - does not look like he is rich to me.

Cheers. hdd

Reply to
HDD

Sell it.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Unfortunately, as the car sits, it has only *parts* value. If you throw a transmission and paint job at it, it will still have only minimal value, according to KBB. If it were mine, I'd sell it for whatever I could get and not waste any time or money on it. H

Reply to
Hairy

Unless you've got a competitive urge. Then a rebuilt tranny, screw the repaint and it'd be a killer at the demo derby or figure 8 track!

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir

Reply to
seeray