1991 park ave 3.8 just quit

I have a 1991 park avenue 3.8 which has 226,000 miles on it but runs great and always has. I was going through the drive up window of a fast food place when the car started to run a little rough then just quit. It looks
to be getting fuel but but no spark. Any ideas on what to look for?
Spray some carb cleaner in the air intake if it doesn't start suspect ign module/crank sensor, further checks would be needed, if it starts suspect fuel pump or fuse, again more checks needed.

-
I don't believe that it has a carb. My 91 Buick did the same thing and I needed a new computer. On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:56:30 -0400, "nek"

Ignition module. Had the same problem on a 91 3.1 engine.

What kind of fast food?
My 1986 Cadillac died on me while comming home. Took the Gas Tank out and looked at the Fuel Pump and the rubber fuel hose that sends fuel to the Fuel Regulator and then to the Injectors had a slit in it and the fuel preasure dropped and the gas just went back into the gas tank. As soon as it cools down im going to put the Gas Tank back in with a New fuel pump as I do not want to do this again and the car should work fine. Brian - Las Vegas
nek wrote:

Things to look at: #1: Coil packs and controller(flat thing they are resting on) #2: Timing sensor(s) are shot or the chain simply slipped right off the cog(synthetic design - wears down to nubs then pops off)