1996 buick hood

please help me I can't get the hood open on my 1996 buick lasabre. the calbe is broken or came loose. Tell me how i can get it open

it happened to me once on my wifes 84 regal. I removed the trim by the drivers footwell where the cable was mounted to the inside of the car, cut off the outer cable covering and was able to pull the inner cable with vice grips. I had only pulled of the knob and about 2 inches of inner cable.
I guess if all else fails you can put the car on a lift, remove the splash shield and get to the underside of the hood latch.

Can you remove the Grille ?