1997 grand am - strange noise in front end

My front end makes a thumping sound (like the washing machine when there is too mch weight on one side) when I brake and when I first take off from a stop. Seems to be on driverís side. Once I
accelerate to about 35 it stops until I brake again. Tire is not flat, brakes are brand new, any ideas?
‚úĖ
mrsfriday wrote:

Hi...
Sounds to me like a Pontiac I had long ago. One of tires had a belt that would twist over every time I turned left, then after a bit of fast straight driving would flop back and be fine again.
Think it would be worth trying a new tire, see what happens.
Ken
Add pictures here
‚úĖ