1997 Lumina 3.1 V6 - How To Reset 'Change Oil Soon Light'

My son's car has about 2500 miles since last oil change and the 'Change Oil Soon' MIL is lit...how can I reset it or turn it off?
I can't find the NEG battery post to disconnect the NEG cable and then
turn to key for about 60 seconds to reset the computer (unless of course this isn't like the other OBD II type computers our other (newer) cars have))
Thanks in advance
-MACE-

One place to look is in the glove box. In our 94 Buick that's where the oil reset button is located. Press and hold about 5 seconds or so and it's reset...
Worth a look, dunno if the Lumy's have the same set up as the buick PA does though...
Dave
Mir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Engine stopped with Ignition switch "on" depress gas pedal 3 times fully withing 5 sec , wait t'ill the oil life monitor light flashed 3 or 5 times ?? , that should do it
I own a 2000 venture maybe it's the same ... 1) Turn the ignition key to the "on" position" without actually starting the car. 2) Pump the gas pedal at a steady pace all the way to the floor, 3 times. Don't pump it, 3 pumps in 5 secs, is a good beat. 3) Turn key off; then on; the light should go out.
Christophe