1997 Lumina 3.1 V6 - How To Reset 'Change Oil Soon Light'

My son's car has about 2500 miles since last oil change and the 'Change Oil Soon' MIL is lit...how can I reset it or turn it off?

I can't find the NEG battery post to disconnect the NEG cable and then turn to key for about 60 seconds to reset the computer (unless of course this isn't like the other OBD II type computers our other (newer) cars have))

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

Reply to
MACE

One place to look is in the glove box. In our 94 Buick that's where the oil reset button is located. Press and hold about 5 seconds or so and it's reset...

Worth a look, dunno if the Lumy's have the same set up as the buick PA does though...

Dave

Mir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir fi Taiara Amudia

Engine stopped with Ignition switch "on" depress gas pedal 3 times fully withing 5 sec , wait t'ill the oil life monitor light flashed 3 or 5 times ?? , that should do it

Reply to
rick

I own a 2000 venture maybe it's the same ...

1) Turn the ignition key to the "on" position" without actually starting the car. 2) Pump the gas pedal at a steady pace all the way to the floor, 3 times. Don't pump it, 3 pumps in 5 secs, is a good beat. 3) Turn key off; then on; the light should go out.

Christophe

"MACE" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Christophe Salvaing