2000 Impala DTC P0102

Good Evening, Following up on a previous post about stalling and intermittent missing on

2000 Impala 3.8. The DTC P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency. MAF Sensor looks clean, throttle body is dirty and Idle Air Control is really dirty...I mean covered in black oil...I took everything apart and cleaned them up the best I could...Do you think that a Dirty IAC might be sticking enough to bypass enough air around the MAF to cause a DTC P0102 ? Thanks, Steve
Reply to
Steve

The MAF is upstream of the IAC, regardless of what the IAC is or isn't doing, there is no way that it could cause air to bypass the MAF sensor.

For intake air to bypasss the MAF, there would have to be a leak in the intake duct, dipstick not installed, breather tube not installed, PCV valve loose, leaking or not installed, vacuum leak, etc. Otherwise known as false air.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Steve Mackie