2000 Pontiac GP - Headlight problem

I just had the weirdest thing happen last night. I start the car and only my running lights are on. I turn the switch for the headlights and they
work. Turn them back to auto and they are off. The other strange thing is that if I turn my blower motor off or to High, the lights come on. What make this more bizzar is that after driving for about 5-10min with the blower on high, I lower the speed and all the lights work.
Is there a relay that controls the headhights/auto-headlight function?

My brother just had the same sort of thing start happening to his car (99 GP). Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net wrote in wrote:

nada....I'm still waiting for a wiring diagram from a friend. I'm suspecting it is a weak relay somewhere. I'm leaning more toward headlights then blower motor.

relay was my thought too. I hope you find a solution

I think I found the answer. Ignition switch I found serveral references to similar headlight and heater problems and they all pointed to the ignition switch (or possibly a bad ground on the switch)
here is a link that discusses how to replace the switch: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m 670&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=&tmode=&smode=&s=#20670
I would of thought that the dash sensor could be bad, as this is what dictates whether the auto headlights some on or off. The sensor looks like an LED on top of the dash, in the center, under the windshield.