2000 GP Power Steering

My 2000 GP makes a groaning noise when the steering wheel is turned in

either direction. Just the slightest movement of the wheel causes the noise,

and it gets worse the more the wheel is turned. There is no fluid leak and

fluid is at the correct level. I'm thinking the pump is the problem, and

would like opinions.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The Bonnevilles have had major trouble with the rack and pinion steering.

I've had mine replaced once, and it seems to be heading south again. I

believe it affects 2000-2002 models. I have a 2000 SSEi. I think the GP may

have the same steering set-up.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Did you have the rack replaced or just the pump?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

They replaced a coupler and greased everything to the hilt. I think they try

that first to see if it will hold until the warranty is over.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter