2001 Bravada Not-So-Smart Trak

Well, where do I start? I've recently had my mother-in-law move in with us and have inheirited her 2001 Bravada to try to get road worthy. The vehicle looks to be in great shape for 69,800 miles on it. Oh, looks can be so deceiving! This vehicle hasn't been driven much over the last year and a half, maybe 2,500 miles, if that. After the first week of driving it, the car started to have this thumping/jerking feeling like you were driving over evenly spaced bumps in the road. Also (at low speeds) the front right tire seemed to try and engage (Smart Trak?). Had to get the tranny rebuilt. Had the oil changed and a tune up also, (new platnum plugs, plug wires and distributor cap). When the shop was doing the tune-up, # 3 & # 7 spark plug was wet (fuel). After I got it back it seemed to run alot better, no thumping/jerking. About

200 miles later it seems to have a slight miss in the motor (at low speeds, 20 to 45mph) and that front right tire feels like it's engaging off and on. When you get to 50 to 60 mph it runs smooth. No noticable issues. I think there has to be some type of problem with the ignition system and with the Smart Trak but don't know what. Does anyone have any ideas or similar problems? I've already dumped about $1,400.00 into it in tranny and tune-up but would like to get it in better shape to dump it off to a dealer as trade bait or sell to the next guy if I can get it fixed. I really don't want to spend any more than I have to trying to run down problems that may or may no be the cause. Please help!!! Thank God they quit making these things! That's why I drive a 58 Delray, looks cool and any monkey with a sixth grade education can fix anything on it. I appreciate any help I can get on the Bravada.
Reply to
Vetai

Shep

top-posting again.......

Is there a chance there could be something wrong with the anti-lock sensor in the offending wheel's hub. Something intermittant that may be telling the Smart-Track system the wheel needs drive power?

Are the front axle's boots still intact? Any chance one or both has lost lubrication?

Also what type of engine is in this beast, W or X. Check the VIN.

Richard

Reply to
NotDeadYet