2001 Buck Century Tapping Engine Noise

I have a 2001 Buick Century with about 40,000 KM and when the engine is started, there is a tapping noise. If I didn't know better, i'd swear it sounds like piston slap.
Does anyone know what the cause and fix would involve? It is still under the 3 year/60,000 KM warranty.
"Car Guy" wrote

Which engine does it have? Probably only comes with the 3100 engine. They have the problem with the piston slap....so what is it that you "know better" that would make you eliminate that as your noise?
Cause: piston slap Cure: 6 new pistons.
Beware though...if it only makes the noise for a couple of minutes....it's unlikely that they will want to repair it. In my case: I always want to fix it, as it's a money maker.
Ian