2005 Grand Am / Cavalier to get new names.

Chicago Tribune article 6/26/03
Chevrolet confirms that its new small car will be called COBALT when it replaces the Cavalier for the 2005 model year. Chevy chose the Cobalt
name because of it association with power and strength.
Pontiac also says it will change the name of the Grand Am in 2005 but will not say to what.
They are not merely name changes. The cars are new, as well.
mike hunt
Harry Face wrote:

Well gm is changing a lot of things actually.... like the s10 is gonna be a colorado i think or its the sonoma one.... so like the grand am and cavalier arent gonna be the only ones to change......
I vote for Grand Poobah!
--

Rob

"Geoff Welsh" < snipped-for-privacy@cyber.com> wrote in message
I wonder if/when the Solstice will appear. That is a car that GM needs to get to the dealer lots to compete with the small import sport coupes.
--

Rob

"Harry Face" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
Whatever happened to that SSR? There's a vehicle whose time came and went.

It wasnt the least bit pratical and the prototype was like 5000 pounds. I dunno what the price of the ssr was going to be but I'm pretty sure end the end you could of had a 3/4 ton 4x4 for the same price.
libear@yahoo_.com.removethisandtheunderscore says...

It's out this fall.
| Whatever happened to that SSR? There's a vehicle whose time came and went. | | > Thats GM's problem. They have all these great concept cars and idea's | > but they fart around for years and by the time the release them they've | > been left behind or someone else take their idea's.... | |