2007 Grand Prix oil change

My Grand Prix is supposed to notify me when I need to change the oil. I have had the car close to 1 year, put on only about 7,000 miles, and no indication yet that I need to change the oil.
Is that something I should worry about or are the low miles more important than actual time.

Typical notice is about 7500 miles. Time depends on climate, type of driving, etc. I'd not exceed the year though.

have notification at 1 year, change it anyway, and reset it.
There is no oil sensor, but the system counts revs, not miles, and puts in a factor for the typical driving temperature - colder climates change sooner. More hwy miles uses less revs per mile on average, so lots of hwy in a warm climates means longer oil change intervals.
My chev van tells me a % remaining - does yours? Can you scroll thru a set of messages to see a %?