83 chevy

what is the difference between a chevette scooter, and a regular chevette? im possibly buying the scooter and just wanted to know the difference because i've never heard of the scooter model

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

The Scooter was the most stripped down no option Chevette possible. I've even seen some that didn't come with rear seats.
Dennis Smith
Dennis Smith said, I've seen some Chevettes that didn't even come with a back seat.
Must of been the Sun P option to delete the rear seat so one could haul feed & grain & hay throughout the heartland......
...hahhahahahahaa!
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
the one i might buy is in almost mint condition with 109k miles, and it has a back seat. they are asking $1095.00, i was going to offer $750 is that reasonable?
Midget Tosser wrote:

Look for rusted out shock towers as that can happen to the best of them. It's not hard to repair. If it's what you want it's doesn't make sense to lose it for a few hundred bucks. That's becomming a rare model already. I can't recall seeing one in months.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Sounds high. Chevettes even in mint condition aren't worth much. They aren't really desireable. I can't imagine paying more than $500.
Dennis Smith
83 Chevette Scooter production figures.
Gas Scooter Hatchback 3 door - 33,488. Gas Scooter Hatchback 5 door - 15,303
Diesel Sedan 3 door - 498 Diesel Sedan 5 door - 1501
3 door & 5 door combined
1981 Diesel - 13,152 1982 Diesels -16,693 1984 Diesels - 4384 1985 Diesels - 665 1986 Diesels - 324
The diesel Chevette produced a heart stopping 51 horsepower.
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Midget Tosser wrote:

sounds good to me !