83 chevy

what is the difference between a chevette scooter, and a regular chevette? im possibly buying the scooter and just wanted to know the difference because i've never heard of the scooter model

Reply to
Midget Tosser

The Scooter was the most stripped down no option Chevette possible. I've even seen some that didn't come with rear seats.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Dennis Smith said, I've seen some Chevettes that didn't even come with a back seat.

Must of been the Sun P option to delete the rear seat so one could haul feed & grain & hay throughout the heartland......

...hahhahahahahaa!

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

the one i might buy is in almost mint condition with 109k miles, and it has a back seat. they are asking $1095.00, i was going to offer $750 is that reasonable?

Reply to
Midget Tosser

Look for rusted out shock towers as that can happen to the best of them. It's not hard to repair. If it's what you want it's doesn't make sense to lose it for a few hundred bucks. That's becomming a rare model already. I can't recall seeing one in months.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Sounds high. Chevettes even in mint condition aren't worth much. They aren't really desireable. I can't imagine paying more than $500.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I think the " scooter " was a cheap o model, lacking a back seat, sounds good to me !

Reply to
451CTDS
83 Chevette Scooter production figures.

Gas Scooter Hatchback 3 door - 33,488. Gas Scooter Hatchback 5 door - 15,303

Diesel Sedan 3 door - 498 Diesel Sedan 5 door - 1501

3 door & 5 door combined

1981 Diesel - 13,152

1982 Diesels -16,693 1984 Diesels - 4384 1985 Diesels - 665 1986 Diesels - 324

The diesel Chevette produced a heart stopping 51 horsepower.