91 park avenue won't turn over

Ok boys and girls I just left my 1991 park avenue up at a convenience store because I pulled up, went inside, and came back out. I tried to start the car but the car will not turn over at all. It has always run fine. It does have a security key which I inserted and removed several times. I tired to move it to neutral position and still nothing. The battery seems to be fine and all the lights work. I even tried jumping it in case the battery was low but nothing. Anybody got any ideas?

Reply to
<dtreadway

Check for neutral safety

Jump 12+V to the solenoid on the starter to get it to turn over. Sometimes a simple PRND21 --> 12DNRP movement will get it to engage.

If no luck on that & there isn't a supplementary security system on the car you might want to tow it home / to a garage, check the starter, the wiring, the ignition harness, etc, etc, etc..

Reply to
Full_Name

Starter.

Reply to
Eightupman

Try a different key. If the chip goes bad on one, it will act that way. Replace the key, if so.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

wrote in alt.autos.gm

Could be your key, could also be your battery cables. You have a side terminal battery, unless you changed it, and if the cables get a bit loose you will not be able to start the car, and you will not be able to jump it until you tighten the bolts. I had the same problem on my

88 PA, and that is what was wrong.
Reply to
Dick C