Type W V6 Throttle Damper

I have a '93 GMC van with the type W V6. On the top left side of the engine (looking from under the hood back), is a peice of linkage that goes from the throttle lever to a rubber bellows on the top left side of the engine. I suspect its some sort of damper, but am not sure. The metal bracket on the back of the belows , that holds to linkage is broken, so it is no longer conected to the throttle lever.

My questions are: first what is the bellows, and what does does it do. Second, can I drive it without it? Is it possible to just replace the bellows? Finally is there an easy way to get it out of there?

Reply to
Smyrna5

Shep

Reply to