Al Gore's son: High & doing 100 in a Prius

Don't know how surprised I am that Al Gore III was caught driving with weed, valium and other goodies... But 100 mph in a Prius? I think the cop was high, too.

Reply to
James Goforth

Most any car now can do 100mph, how long it takes to get up to that speed is a totally different matter.

I'm sure I surprised the hell out of the C5 driver when I kept ahead of him on the freeway doing 140 in my 87 300Z.

Reply to
Paradox

Someone posted on here recently that their stock Pontiac "whateverthehell" could do

160. Personally, I think that is BS.

But you are right. A lot of cars can do near 100.

The most undergunned I ever felt was driving a Chevy Corsa on the Autobahn. As hard as this little crappomobile could run, it would not top 87 mpg. Big German cars roared past me at easily twice that speed.

I got to where I was going, but very slowly, compared with everybody else.;>)

Reply to
hls

++++++++ I doubt that a Prius could do 100, and if it could, it would take 3 hours to get up to that speed. Makes you wonder about the whole story.
Reply to
X-rated Vermonter

Those ZX's, even non turbo, are fast. I have a vintage 1985 copy of Car and Driver (or Road and Track?) and it's the High Speed Shootout issue. They test some of the fastest cars on the market back then. It's cool. The cheapest car they test is an '85 Mustang GT 5.0 that does 135mph. They also test a Nissan ZX (145 mph?), BMW 6 series, Lotus Esprit Turbo, Pontiac Fire Bird Trans-AM, Corvette, Pantera, AMG Hammer Mercedes, Mercedes 560 sedan, Camaro IROC Z-28, and some other cars. They're all about in the 140 to 160 mph range. The fastest of the bunch was a twin turbo Vette that'd do 190.

They were impressed by the high speed manners of the ZX, how civilized it was even over 145 mph, but the Nissan computer system would shut the engine off when it hit 150 or 155.

Reply to
Billy666